Greeting Gys on 11/09/17 ...
Add Reply
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
2017-11-09 05:30:47 UTC
<http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/can-a-low-calorie-diet-reverse-diabetes/>
Can a Low-Calorie Diet Reverse Diabetes?
In study, 40 percent of adults with type 2 diabetes achieved a fasting
glucose level of less than 126mg/dL.(7mmol/L) after eight weeks on a
very low-calorie diet.
Hello Gys,
I have not posted in a long time but have been reading all the posts not
on my "kill" list.
I would like to comment on this study. I do not doubt that their
findings are valid. However, they did not do a long term study. Long
term, almost no one will continue a diet of calorie restriction. It just
finally gets to people and they have had enough of being hungry all the
time.
<snip>
You can tell I don't have a high opinion of using calorie restriction as
a way of treating type 2 or just trying to lose weight for other reasons
of health or vanity. Although the idea sounds good, very very few people
can continue this low calorie diet as a strategy for a lifetime. Even
actors who depend on their looks to keep their job seem to fail at
calorie restriction eventually.
Hi Francher,
I agree, it's very difficult...
For the http://bit.ly/terribly_hungry , it's more than very
difficult... it's impossible because they are addicted to the excess
food that they're consuming to kill their hunger (healthy appetite),
which means they're killing themselves.

I am, instead of being addicted to excess food, "wonderfully hungry" (
http://bit.ly/Philippians4_12 ) and hope you, Gys, also have a healthy
appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><